- 6 cups water
- 1 small lemon thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- Cocktail Sauce for serving
- Pour water in a dutch oven or large saucepan. Add lemon slices, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, parsley, and kosher salt. Heat over medium-high heat to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked. Remove from heat and place shrimp in a colander. Rinse under cold water.
- Refrigerate shrimp until cold and serve with cocktail sauce.