In my area, it is strawberry season. Lucious, juicy, red fruits fit for the gods! It is a time when we all descend upon, if not our own gardens, then the fruit stands to purchase fresh, ripe strawberries, newly picked from the fields. These are not the grocery store variety of berries that were plucked, half green, from their vines for easier shipping. These are perfect little lumps of sweetness that almost melt on the tongue. If you have never eaten vine-ripened strawberries, you are missing out. It would definitely be worth your time and investment to plant a small patch. If not that, then plan to visit a strawberry farm and revel in the pure joy of picking your own berries. It will be worth it!
Chicken and Strawberry Salad Wrap
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c balsamic vinaigrette
- 12 oz mixed salad greens
- 12 med strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 c chopped pecans
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- whole wheat tortillas
- Marinate the chicken breasts in 1/2 of the balsamic vinaigrette in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the liquid.
- Grill chicken on both sides until done.
- Set chicken aside to cool. Then dice.
- In a large bowl, add the washed and dried greens, strawberries, chicken, onions, and pecans.
- Add dressing and toss.
- Place equal amounts of salad on a wrap, sprinkle with goat cheese, and roll.
- Slice each in half and serve with chips and strawberries.